Contact a local pharmacy online about your minor health concerns
Residents in North Lincolnshire who may be experiencing minor illness or ailments, are being encouraged to speak directly to a community pharmacy online first.
The Humber, Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership is running a pilot project across North Lincolnshire initially, to trial online pharmacy consultations. The aim is to encourage patients and their carers to contact a pharmacy first using online consultations, before their GP, for conditions and enquiries that a pharmacy can help with.
Patients can visit northlincspharmacies.nhs.uk and search for their specific problem or medicine. The search results will display self-help material, and if further information is needed, the patient can:
- Contact a local pharmacy directly online at a time to suit, without the need to attend in person.
- Attach relevant photos if needed (for example for cuts, burns, acne etc.). The pharmacy will respond and can advise online, or in person if they feel it's necessary.
- Pharmacies will be able to contact the patient online using secure online messaging or video consulting.
- As qualified healthcare professionals, pharmacy teams can offer clinical advice and over-the-counter medicines for a range of minor illnesses such as coughs, colds, sore throats, tummy trouble and aches and pains.
- If symptoms suggest it’s something more serious, pharmacists have the right training to make sure you get the help you need. They will tell you if you need to see a GP, nurse or other healthcare professional.
- For further information about this service, please speak to a local pharmacy or visit northlincspharmacies.nhs.uk.